Steps to Treatment
A Qualified Patient Must:
- Be a permanent or seasonal Florida resident
- Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition by a qualified physician
- Be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry
- Obtain a Medical Marijuana Use Registry Identification Card
Patients must first be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition.
It is the responsibility of the qualified ordering physician to follow Florida law,
diagnose patients with a qualifying medical condition
and determine if medical marijuana is an appropriate treatment.
The department recommends speaking to your health care professional
to determine if medical marijuana products are right for you or your loved one.
The OMMU provides a list of the physicians who have completed the required training
Qualifying Medical Conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to the others listed.
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification.
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the
usual course of that qualifying medical condition.
Patients and their Caregivers will then be entered into the Medical
Marijuana Use Registry by their Qualified Physician
Once you have been entered into the Registry, your physician will provide
you with your Patient ID Number. You will need this to apply for your
required Medical Marijuana Use Registry Identification Card.
*Remember to provide your physician with your email address to receive important updates!*
REGISTRY USER GUIDE
Patients and their Caregivers will then apply for their Registry Identification Card
Patients and Caregivers may complete an electronic or paper application.
For information and other resources, please visit our Registry
Identification Cards page, *or* view our helpful Instructional Guides
APPLY FOR AN ID CARD